No announcement yet.

The Medd Project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to let you know it arrived safely to us. It has been placed carefully in a safe spot until we get a chance to deliver in person for you. We will update you as soon as we know when would be a good time for Medd. We would love to elaborate on how awesome this looks, but will refrain until after Medd gets it in order to keep the surprise. A very impressive piece of art!

Comment

Excellent! Glad everything arrived okay. Hope y'all had a great weekend! Thanks for the compliment; I hope it plays well and gets plenty of zombies to round it out It was really fun to work on knowing it was part of this group project, and for a guy who does so much for our community and craft. Looking forward to more updates! Cheers.

Comment

Progress is starting on the Exfil bus...I got some supplies the other day! Still need some 1:18 scale corrugated tin. Some suggested cardboard...but seems flimsy...maybe if I coat it with modge podge or something to make it a bit more rigid...thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Slaymaker View Post
          Progress is starting on the Exfil bus...I got some supplies the other day! Still need some 1:18 scale corrugated tin. Some suggested cardboard...but seems flimsy...maybe if I coat it with modge podge or something to make it a bit more rigid...thoughts?

You might be able to do it with a sheet of styrene, too. Just find something you can use to make the corrugated pattern, and a hair dryer. Time consuming to do it bit by bit, but it would achieve a good result and provide necessary strength.

Comment

For exterior applications, where only one side is seen, I just strip one side of corrugated cardboard to get the look. Once both sides are primed and painted, especially the thicker stuff, it is pretty rigid. Coating with a clear resin before painting would definitely make it more rigid... XOC, have you had success with a hair dryer?

Comment

Originally posted by TIE_Fightertk069 View Post
              For exterior applications, where only one side is seen, I just strip one side of corrugated cardboard to get the look. Once both sides are primed and painted, especially the thicker stuff, it is pretty rigid. Coating with a clear resin before painting would definitely make it more rigid... XOC, have you had success with a hair dryer?
              this is sorta the line I was thinking...both sides may be seen...I haven't figured that out yet. Snagged some cardboard from work. but looking for thicker stuff yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TIE_Fightertk069 View Post

Not for something like a corrugated tin look, but I have used it to get bends and curves in styrene for smaller stuff. I imagine the process would be the same. Just apply heat, add some pressure to get the bend you want, let that spot cool and then move on. (If you don't let the section cool in the bend it could return to its original shape when heat is applied again.)

Comment

What's the good word on this project, has the dio made its way to Kirk, yet?
                  I'm moving back to Arizona with my wife next month, so there is no chance I'll be able to make it in person...

Comment

Man I need to get to work on that bus...it sitting on my desk but now I have the MTF figures I am playing with...I better split my time so I can get it done. SORRY for the delay

Comment

• Tie: No clue. We've all been pretty busy with our real lives but hopefully DW can give us an update on that soon.

Slay: No worries. There was no real deadline on this, especially after Kirk found out about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X